Some housewives during cooking pancakes face a number of problems that spoil the taste of the dish. Most of them wonder: why are pancakes made of rubber? And the rest get tough, burnt, torn, bubbly or white pancakes. Such problems mainly arise due to fuzzy adherence to the recipe.
Experienced housewives found out why pancakes come out with rubber:
- A large quantity of flour mixed with a small volume of baking powder was used to knead the dough. In this case, a heavy dough is obtained, which is absolutely unsuitable for baking delicate pancakes. And after adding a baking powder to it, the mass will begin to bubble, which can save the situation. Also, to bake a delicate dish in the dough, you can add boiled water brought to room temperature, while the mixture needs to be constantly stirred.
- When a large number of eggs are added to the baking mass after cooling, the pancakes can become rubber.
- If you knead the dough only in water. So that the pancakes do not turn out rubber, you need to add milk or whey to the mass.
- When infused into a mixture for frying milk of high fat content, a rubber dish may result. In such a situation, it is better to dilute the milk with water.
- Strongly beaten dough also gives a rubber effect to pancakes, so when kneading the dough, gently break the lumps with a whisk or spoon.
Pancakes can be firm for two reasons.
The first one is the wrong recipe or proportional amount of ingredients:
- Due to the presence of an increased amount of egg whites in the mixture after baking, the pancakes become stiff or acquire a rubber structure. Eggs should be exclusively a binding ingredient, and for one and a half liters of dough their number should not exceed 1 piece.
- The consistency of the dough should not be very thick, as it should be quickly distributed throughout the bottom of the pan. Otherwise, a thick layer will bake for a long time and turn out tough. The mixture should not be thicker than non-greasy sour cream.
- Instead of milk for kneading pancakes, it is better to use dairy products, for example, sour cream, fermented baked milk, kefir. These ingredients will add delicacy and delicacy to the dish structure. When mixing the mixture on kefir or yogurt, soda must be added additionally before baking, otherwise the pancakes will not fry inside.
- To make the dough elastic, it is necessary to pour vegetable oil in the proportion of 3 dining spoons per 1 liter of the mixture.
Also, the cause of the hardness of the dish may be improper baking technology. To protect pancakes from drying out, lightly grease a frying pan with an oil-soaked napkin just before baking. In this way, pans with non-stick coating must also be processed. Also, immediately after baking, each pancake is best lubricated with a small amount of butter or vegetable oil.
So that the dish does not lose its softness, all the baked stack should be constantly covered with a lid or a plate. Under the influence of temperature and due to increased humidity, the pancakes will stew, be saturated with juiciness. You can also immediately wrap the stuffing into ready-made pancakes.
Sometimes it happens that the pancakes during cooking bubble, unevenly fry and rise. This phenomenon can cause several reasons. Bubbles may appear on the pancake surface due to insufficient flour. This is due to the fact that the mixture acquires an airy light structure, which begins to rise under thermal influence. The appearance of bubbles can still be associated with a large amount of soda.
Therefore, in order to fight bubbles on a pancake surface, you must either reduce the amount of soda or increase the amount of flour.
When baking pancakes, it often happens that the dish sticks to the pan and breaks when removed or flipped. How to cook pancakes? You need to start with a properly selected pan and kneading dough.
Frying pan selection
When preparing pancakes, you need to know that the metals that prevent the dough from sticking to the bottom of the pan are aluminum and cast iron. Therefore, in the first place, preference should be given to frying dishes prepared from these materials. This is due to the fact that after several uses a thin oily film appears on the surface of the pan, blocking adhesion.
In order not to experience constant difficulties with cooking pancakes, you must adhere to the following tips:
- for cooking, you need to use a separate pan, which is not used for foreign dishes;
- if the pancakes fall apart on a teflon surface, a small amount of boiling water should be added to the dough before frying;
- the cast-iron pan can not be washed every time, but simply after frying, wipe its surface with a soft rag with salt;
- Before frying, do not pour a large amount of oil into the pan;
- Before cooking the first pancake, the pan must be very hot.
Mixing the right test against burnt, dry and torn pancakes
If the pan is selected correctly, and the pancakes burn and break when frying, then the dough was poorly mixed.
This can mainly be due to:
- too thin dough;
- a large amount of soda;
- lean dough (without oil).
How to avoid trouble with a baked mixture?
- Before making pancakes, the dough should be infused for 15 minutes. It is necessary that gluten is released from the flour and the mixture becomes more elastic.
- If there are no eggs in the ingredients of the mass, beat 1 egg and mix everything thoroughly.
- Knead the dough using slightly warmed milk, which is diluted halfway with water.
- You should try as little as possible to use third-party ingredients in the recipe, for example, vanillin or cocoa. Usually, the pancake edges dry because of them, and the surface sticks and tears.
- It is best not to use egg powder instead of natural eggs, as it can spoil the taste of the dish.
- It is necessary to try to break all the lumps formed from the added flour.
Pale pancakes: why not blush
Some housewives cook pancakes on squirrels without the addition of yolks. Most often, pancakes mixed with such ingredients turn out to be pale.
How to deal with this?
- Significantly increased heat will help turn white pancakes into ruddy. On low heat, the dough will fry slowly, and the pancakes will eventually become dry.
- Also, pancakes prepared without yolks are well browned if you regularly grease the pan with oil.
- The main components of the blush are sugar and milk. However, sugar without increased heat will also be powerless in the fight against the pallor of pancakes.
Do not get pancakes? Watch it!
To cope with the main problems that arise during baking pancakes, you need to analyze the quality of the pan used, the ingredients and the proportional composition of the kneaded dough. After a weak spot that interferes with the preparation of the dish is identified, it must be eliminated using the tips described above.