Rosa Abracadabra (Abracadabra) belongs to the category of tea-hybrid varieties very popular in our country and is distinguished by its bizarre color, due to which it received such an unusual name. It was bred by American breeders relatively recently, but has already managed to win the hearts of flower growers from different countries.
Varietal characteristic and description
Rosa Abracadabra is a perennial ornamental plant in the form of a sprawling or upright bush. The description of the variety also allows the formation of a standard tree with a height of 0.5 to 1.5 m. The stems are dark green, prickly.
The flowers are large, with a diameter of 7.5-11.5 cm. They are located singly on a high peduncle or gather in a few inflorescences. Coloring is an unusual combination of red, yellow, brown and white shades.
Combination with other garden plants
Almost all varieties of tea-hybrid roses are characterized by exceptional richness of color, grace, the highest quality indicators of flowers and long flowering.
Variety Abracadabra is often used to design ceremonial flower beds. Also, it is perfect for cutting, due to several waves of flowering throughout the season. With sufficient lighting in greenhouse conditions, a decorative culture can bloom year-round.
When choosing neighbors for the Abracadabra rose, one should take into account the features of individual groups of ornamental plants and the functional purpose of the garden plots. In the front area, it is recommended to combine hybrid tea and remontant varieties, the nobility of form and the richness of the color scheme which focus on the virtues and decoration of the landscape.
Rosa Abracadabra: variety description
Rose Abracadabra is well planted as a dominant in the overall landscape decoration. It successfully combines with flowering and fruit shrubs located at a distance of 1.5 meters from the flower garden. Combinations of roses with lilac, scoopia, yellow acacia, cotoneaster, euonymus, snowberry, sucker, sea buckthorn, privet, tamarix, mock-up look unusual and very attractive. A win-win option is the classic combination of this variety with conifers such as spruce, thuja and juniper. Rose bushes are also used in combination with mahogany, pyrocanthus and cotoneaster horizontal.
Of the perennials, the neighbors of the rose may be lavender, periwinkle, veronica, bluebells, dolphinium and blue and white asters. Allowed combination with pilots, acroclinium, lobelia and agerantum. Almost any climbing rose will serve as an excellent background for the Abracadabra variety.
Hybrid tea roses should be grown in places well-lit and warmed by the sun, protected from gusts of cold wind. The site should have good drainage, protecting the root system from stagnation of moisture. Caring for a variety of Abracadabra is not too complicated:
- Watering is carried out once a week, but in dry and hot weather - more often.
- As the most effective top dressing, special fertilizers for roses or mullein solution are used.
- The main pruning of the bush, aimed at forming a strong, abundantly flowering bush, is carried out in the spring.
- To protect against rust, plants are treated with 0.4% copper chloride, and from powdery mildew with a 1% solution of Topaz, a 1% solution of Bordeaux mixture, or 0.2% solution of Baleyton.
- Against spider mites, caterpillars, beetles and aphids, Sunmight, Mospilan, Confidor Maxi or Acrofit are used.
- Weeding and loosening of the soil is systematically carried out to prevent the formation of soil crust, which impedes the flow of air to the root system of the plant.
- For winter, the plant is covered with fir spruce branches and garden polyethylene.
The unusual rose of Abracadabra definitely deserves the attention of flower growers. Outwardly, it is very similar to the Focus Pocus variety, but has flowers of a brighter and more saturated color with many stripes and strokes.
According to expert gardeners, the Abracadabra variety is perfect for cutting, and in the southern regions it is grown without problems in open ground. However, in central Russia and the more northern regions, the rose shows poor winter hardiness, therefore, it needs high-quality shelter for the winter.