High-yielding and very tasty tomatoes Moscow delicacy belong to the category of delicious varieties and are perfect for growing both on ridges in open ground and in greenhouse conditions. Refined taste and excellent presentation made this variety very popular among vegetable growers and popular among consumers of fresh vegetable products.
As a rule, in the characterization of most modern and promising varieties of tomatoes, a large number of varietal merits, and in this regard, Moscow Delicacy is no exception:
- bushes of indeterminate type, with a height in the range of 1.4–1.8 m, with a sufficiently powerful and well-developed stem and average leaf cover;
- the first inflorescence on a properly developing plant is laid over the ninth or eleventh leaf;
- subject to growing technology, as well as in the presence of optimal temperature and light levels for growth and development of garden crops, the average yield is about 6-7 kg per square meter of planting area;
- when grown in open ground, the crop is formed quite amicably;
- the harvest is not only distinguished by its marketable appearance, it has excellent transportability;
- the fruits have a very attractive, pepper-shaped;
- at the stage of complete ripening, the surface color of the fruit is bright red;
- the pulp of a ripe fruit is fleshy, with increased sugar content, very tasty;
- the average mass of a commodity fruit varies between 85–115 g, but in conditions of high agricultural technology there are also larger specimens;
- the variety, according to gardeners, is characterized by a fairly average level of resistance to fungal diseases, but when observing the cultivation technology and using standard preventive sprayings, it is extremely rarely affected by pathogenic microflora;
- high level of resistance to non-fungal infections.
The variety belongs to the category of mid-ripening varieties and in the middle zone of Russia the crop is formed in about four months. In regions with adverse climatic conditions, it is advisable to grow in protected ground conditions using greenhouse unheated structures or tall greenhouses for this purpose. The standard planting scheme for tomato seedlings is 50x40 cm with a planting density of three to four plants for each square meter of the ridge.
Tomato Moscow delicacy: description
Of course, when growing indeterminate tomatoes, it should be remembered that they have a fairly long development of the vegetative part, and the crop ripens on average about a month later, so the Moscow Delicacy is not very suitable for cultivation on ridges of open ground in climatic zones with too short summer period.
Nevertheless, the implementation of the most basic agrotechnical methods allows gardeners to get a fairly high yield:
- watering should be carried out regularly, preferably in the morning or in the evening, using water warmed up in the sun, under the root of the plant;
- high productivity of the variety involves the use of the most complete mineral fertilizers, which must be alternated with organic matter when top dressing tomato bushes;
- do not neglect the rules of plant formation and the fixation of tall aerial parts on supports or trellises;
- during the formation of indeterminate tomato bushes, it is required to remove all side branches and to produce regular pinching;
- as the tomato bush grows and develops, it is very important to timely remove the dying and overgrowing lower leaves;
- as preventive measures to prevent damage to tomato bushes by fungal infections, it is advisable to systematically treat the aerial parts with copper-containing preparations.
A tomato called "Moscow Delicacy" can be cultivated in open and protected ground, and if you follow the rules of care, you can get a high yield with a minimum planting area, due to the high productivity of this garden plant.
Methods of protection against late blight
Among the most dangerous diseases that are capable of affecting tomato bushes, phytophthora is quite justifiable. Such a disease as late blight is able to deprive the gardener of a significant part of the crop, and make the formed fruits unsuitable for food. That is why it is required to regularly conduct visual inspections of plants to identify the first signs of the disease, as well as carry out preventive treatment of garden crops with the most effective drugs or the most effective folk remedies:
- from time-tested, effective folk remedies, it is possible to recommend treating the aerial parts of plants with garlic infusion, for the preparation of which 50 g of chopped garlic and one liter of fermented kefir should be diluted in a bucket of warm water;
- Spraying tomato bushes with a solution based on 1 liter of serum and 25 drops of ordinary pharmacy iodine, diluted in a bucket of water at room temperature, also has a good effect.
The following chemicals are most effective:
- "Acrobat-MC", diluted at the rate of 20 g per 5 liters of water;
- "Metalaxil", diluted at the rate of 40 g per 5 liters of water;
- "Infinito", diluted at the rate of 25 ml per bucket of warm water;
- "Profit Gold VDG", diluted at the rate of 6 g per bucket of water;
- "Pennkotseb", diluted at the rate of 16 g per 10 liters of water;
- "Ditan M-45", diluted at the rate of 15 g per bucket of water.
The average consumption of such drugs in the processing of adult tomato bushes should be approximately 500-700 ml per square meter of planting area. It is very important to remember that the processing of garden crops should be carried out in the morning or evening hours. The number of preventive sprayings in rainy weather can be increased to five to six per season.
Reviews of gardeners
The characteristics and description of tomatoes of the Moscow Delicacy variety attracted many domestic amateur gardeners. According to those who have already planted this tomato variety, the Moscow Delicacy is really characterized by a very high yield, and a distinctive feature is the rather original form of ripened fruits and their excellent taste.
Reviews about the variety are mostly positive. Experienced gardeners highly appreciate the sufficient varietal unpretentiousness and resistance to the most harmful diseases that can affect nightshade crops in most regions of our country.
Tomatoes: growing in a greenhouse
As a rule, the harvest of this variety is most often used in harvesting for the winter period. The increased sugar content of ripe tomato pulp makes the Moscow Delicate variety very popular for making homemade tomato paste, juices, and salting. The fruits have an excellent, creamy taste and are well suited for use in baby food.